Re: Flap over Archaeoraptor

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Tracy Ford wrote:

> [...]

Just saw this in a news article at
<http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DailyNews/dinosaur_fraud010328.html>:

"The computer scans revealed pieces of fossilized bone embedded in rock
were pressed into a layer of grout, a synthetic glue, which was sandwiched
from the other side by a large slab of stone, the study reports. The front
end came from a single bird fossil that scientists say really is a new
species, while the rear part of the fossil was a jigsaw built from AT
LEAST FOUR DIFFERENT SPECIMENS OF DINOSAUR." (emphasis added)

If Olson's _Archaeoraptor_ is itself a chimera, it should make the case to
obliterate his designation even easier.

(What are these four specimens, anyway?)

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
      ICQ                     <77314901>
       Yahoo! Messenger        <Mighty Odinn>