RE: New References

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Michael Patrick Corriss
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 3:20 PM
To: DinoNL
Subject: Re: New References

* Clark, Norell and Barsbold, submitted. Two new oviraptorids (Theropoda:
Oviraptorosauria) from the Late Cretaceous Djadokta Formation, Ukhaa Tolgod.
Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology.

Great.

Mark Norell told me yesterday, this'll be in the June issue. He was down
in Florida studying the skull of _Bambiraptor_.

It's nice to have such an attractant nearby. Two weeks ago Robert Bakker
was here studying _B_. In his "kiddie" talk, which is more animated than
his one for grownups, asserted _Spinosaurus_ was a swimming ocean going
creature and, as he drew it, pointed out the similarity to a sailfish.
*
* Oh my God...As I bang my head against the wall. Another thing we'll have
to correct with lay people.

He also asserted that Bambi would glide down from trees.

-
Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074