Re: Dino-bird..duck with long tail?

Erik Omtvedt wrote:

>>What the? Where in the world did they get that formulation? The position of
the pelvis and length of hindlegs doesn't even come close to anything of
Anatidae! Whatever. Resembles a compsognathus if anything. Don't you just
love it when science is translated into poorly depicted layman analogies?<<

Actually, I do see a *very* superficial sort of similarity with the magpie
goose (_Anseranas semipalmata_) of Austraila, in the head/neck profile. I
actually thought of the magpie goose when I first saw the head shots.

Caitlin R. Kiernan