NOVA SCOTIA COELOPHYSOID

David Marjanovic wrote...

> A nonavian small archosaur? There is an unnamed coelophysid from Nova
> Scotia as big as a blackbird (20 cm long)...

Is this based on one of the captions in David Lambert's _The Ultimate
Dinosaur_ book, published by that wonderful company Dorling
Kindersley? :) It accompanies a John Sibbick drawing of two tiny
coelophysoids chasing what looks like a bluebottle. If so, it's only
based on trackway evidence - I asked David about this years ago.
Apparently (and I say again, apparently) there are some Triassic
theropod tracks there that are about  20 mm long - have these been
published?

Sorry folks, there are no skeletal remains of 20 cm long Nova Scotian
theropod (so far).

USA: 4% of global population, 25% of global pollution. LFA sonar
set to sterilise world oceans of marine mammals and sharks. Congrats
on electing a wonderful president.

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
Burnaby Building
Portsmouth UK                          tel (mobile): 0776 1372651
P01 3QL                                tel (office): 023 92842244