Re: solnhofen

luisrey@ndirect.co.uk writes:

<< The only 'grasping' finger of the hand was the third that
slightly opposed the first (thumb) while the second was the 'feather bearing
one'. >>

       I just want to note that my dictionary (Webster's) says nothing about
opposing digits in its definition of "grasp". Hooks will work just fine here,
thank you. Let's not have a parse-fest here. DV