Re: New Feathered Dinosaur

Not necessarily.  Depends on indicated airspeed,  altitude  (temperature), and
method of energy production.  Some of the larger pterosaurs would not need
insulation, and would not even need to be endothermic.  I'm not saying that
they wouldn't be or weren't, only that the necessities of soaring flight
wouldn't necessarily require it.

Jim

P.S.  Did I use enough variants of the word 'necessary' ?  :-)