Re: New Feathered Dinosaur

David Marjanovic writes:

AFAIK only one crocodylomorph, *Gracilisuchus stipanicicorum* (the basalmost one AFAIK), is thought to have been bipedal (others say semibipedal). I don't know anything about hallopodids, except that they are from the Morrison formation, Marsh classified them with coelurosaurs, and they are now regarded as the last sphenosuchians or suchlike.

I thought the sphenosuchians were facultatively bipedal - which explains the disparity between the lengths of the arms and legs. Eg. Gracilisuchus (which may be a rauisuchian), Saltoposuchus and Sphenosuchus.

Hallopus is not (AFAIK) a sphenosuchian, thought it is a crocodylomorph. Crocodylian classification confuses me, very much.

P.S. On a totally separate topic: Why is it people find it so easy to work out how to subscribe to this list, but find it impossible to work out how to get off it ??

ZH