Gloating

HP's,

For our paleontology class we were assigned to critique some important papers from throughout the years, and the one I chose this time was "Exaptation -- a missing term in the science of form" (Gould & Vrba, 1982).  I was pleasantly surprised as I was reading it to discover the following short passage:

"If we ever find a small running dinosaur, ancestral to birds and clothed with feathers, we will know that early feathers were exaptations, not adaptations, for flight."

Hmmm... wouldn't it be so nice to find one of these? Oh wait... teehee.

Mike de Sosa