Re: Gloating

In a message dated 5/4/01 2:54:32 PM EST, ofsosa@uclink4.berkeley.edu writes:

<< "If we ever find a small running dinosaur, ancestral to birds and clothed
 with feathers, we will know that early feathers were exaptations, not
 adaptations, for flight." >>

The problem here is showing that the "small running dinosaur" was "ancestral
to birds" or even close to it. The "small running dinosaur" could also have
>descended< from birds, and until this case can be eliminated, you won't be
anywhere near showing that feathers were exaptations for flight.