Re: Destroyed Fossils (was: Re: JP3 Trailer)

In a message dated 5/6/01 8:41:24 PM EST, dinoland@lycos.com writes:

<< I also think that the type specimen of Poekilopleuron was destroyed during
the Allied bombing and invasion of Normandy.  Actually, I think that a lot of
fossils (including a few types) were destroyed during WWII.  Just curious,
where were these fossils being housed at when they were destroyed??   >>

In museums, of course. That's where they were safe, right?