Re: Destroyed Fossils (was: Re: JP3 Trailer)

Louie Psihoyos' _Hunting Dinosaurs_ (here I go again) has a graphic by Pat
Redman
(p. 253) mapping out "Dinosaurs lost in wartime."  Museums were hit in Munich,
Stuttgart, Berlin, Le Havre (France), Caen (France), and Bristol.  A
_Corythosaurus_ specimen was also sunk in transit while aboard a ship in the
Atlantic.  The graphic lists well over a dozen specimens lost, and the text
provides a summary.  I don't have time to copy it all for you.  Try to get hold
of the book.  It's very nice.

-- Ralph W. Miller III   ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu