WWII Dinosaur Losses

David Marjanovic wrote:

> The Allies did 'carpet bombing', because there was practically no technology
> to aim at something with bombs. Whole cities (most famous: Dresden) were
> destroyed. C'est la guerre :-( .

In the beginning of the war, absolutely.  Things were changing towards the
waning years, though.  In Munich, on the night that Stromer's Egypt collection
died (24 April 1944), the target was a Nazi stronghold less than three hundred
feet away from the streetside edge of the museum building.   As far as we can
tell, the bomb that claimed _Spinosaurus_ fell within the margins of error for
the site that the RAF was using.  I think we are actually on the verge of
pinning down the unit that dropped that bomb...

-Josh

--
Josh Smith
University of Pennsylvania