RE: ... vs energy deficient gigantothermy (boo hiss)

> Thus, I question
> whether or not it is physiologically possible for a large mammal to have a
> large litter.

<<For what reason do you question?>>

Well, during the Mesozoic, it would have been advantageous for mammals to
have had many young, as then they could have competed with the dinosaurs in
terms of size.  If large mammals with large amounts of offspring were
possible, I think it would have happened in the Mesozoic.  I personally dont
think predation is what kept mammals small during the Mesozoic, for this
reason.

Randall I.