CHRIS LAVERS BOOK

Chris Lavers wrote...

> Sorry for the shameless advertising but see ch 8 of *Why Elephants
> Have Big Ears: Understanding Patterns of Life on Earth* (St martin's
> Press in the USA) where many of these arguments are covered -
> incorrectly, possibly, but covered nevertheless.

In the vain hope that he might one day return the favour:), let me
second Chris in plugging his book - it's great stuff. I particularly
enjoyed the bit about naked mole-rats evolving to take over the world.
The chapter on dinosaur physiology is thoroughly reasonable, with a
balanced view from both sides of the argument (and not, as is more
usual for biologists, a strictly Rubenesque view of the arguments).

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
Burnaby Building
Portsmouth UK                          tel (mobile): 0776 1372651
P01 3QL                                tel (office): 023 92842244