Re: CHRIS LAVERS BOOK

On Tue, 8 May 2001 13:54:49
 darren.naish wrote:
>Chris Lavers wrote...
>
>> Sorry for the shameless advertising but see ch 8 of *Why Elephants
>> Have Big Ears: Understanding Patterns of Life on Earth* (St martin's
>> Press in the USA) where many of these arguments are covered -
>> incorrectly, possibly, but covered nevertheless.
>
>In the vain hope that he might one day return the favour:), let me
>second Chris in plugging his book - it's great stuff. I particularly
>enjoyed the bit about naked mole-rats evolving to take over the world.
>The chapter on dinosaur physiology is thoroughly reasonable, with a
>balanced view from both sides of the argument (and not, as is more
>usual for biologists, a strictly Rubenesque view of the arguments).

Hey, a quote of mine is on the back of that book!  I must agree with all of the
praises bestowed upon Chris so far.  I absolutely love that book, and was happy
to see that the American edition came out.  I only have the British version,
though.  I'm waiting for the sequel...

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY