Buffalo pizza (was Re: Cladistics and stuff)

In a message dated 5/8/01 6:54:07 PM EST, Chapman.Ralph@NMNH.SI.EDU writes:

<< They were trying to figure out how to cook a frozen pizza (which should be
illegal in Buffalo, NY which has great real pizza). >>

One of my >very< few regrets about having moved from Buffalo to San Diego is
losing the pizza. I've had pizzas in most major cities in the US (e.g., New
York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Memphis), but I've yet to have one
outside Buffalo that comes close to even a mediocre Buffalo pizza, let alone
some of the better Buffalo pizzas. The >best< San Diego pizza I've had might
be about as good as an average Buffalo pizza--the kind you can get at almost
any pizza joint there. Buffalo is the good-pizza city of America.

That having been said, systematists should read Mike Benton's article on the
shortcomings of cladistic taxonomies (which is what this thread is really
about), just out in Systematic Zoology (I think that's where it is--my copy
isn't handy right now).