Phylogenetic Nomenclature Again (Was: Buffalo pizza (was Re: Cladistics and stuff))

> Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 22:15:36 EDT
> From: Dinogeorge@aol.com
>
> [...] systematists should read Mike Benton's article on the
> shortcomings of cladistic taxonomies (which is what this thread is
> really about), just out in Systematic Zoology (I think that's where
> it is--my copy isn't handy right now).

If George is referring to _Stems, nodes, crown clades, and rank-free
lists: is Linnaeus dead?_, that article can be read online at
http://palaeo.gly.bris.ac.uk/phylocode/biolrev.html
(and makes fascinating reading IMHO.)

If it's not the same article as the one George is talking about (which
is possible since it was published in November 2000 in _Biological
Reviews, vol. 75, pp. 633-648) then it is at least the same author's
perspectives on the same issues, so should cover much of the same
ground.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor - <mike@miketaylor.org.uk> - www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "... about as similar as two completely dissimilar things in a
         pod" -- Black Adder.