JP3-Spinosaurus

In one of my Spinosaurus reconstructions I had shown three manugal digits of
similar length all with normal-sized claws, as has been depicted in Jurassic
Park III.

http://gavinrymill.com/newart/spinosaurus.jpg

I have subsequently been critisised for this. I was told that the large
thumb claw is "missing".

Can anyone tell me if there is any evidence for this large claw? My
understanding was that Spinosaurus is known from fragmentary dentary,
vertebrae, hindlimb elements, teeth [destroyed] and neck vertebra,
fragmentary dentaries, dorsal neural arch.

No mention of any parts of the forelimbs.

Is the large thumb claw an inference made by people comparing the animal to
Baronyx?

Gav

www.gavinrymill.com        ICQ: 33916140  /  AOLIM: ExtinctGav