RE: JP3-Spinosaurus]

What about _Cristatusaurus?
Cristatusaurus Taquet & D. A. Russell, 1998 [nomen dubium?]
 As far as I know, Taquet was the first one to discover the big spinosaurid
claw, back in early 70'. It isn't quite clear yet, if this is a valid
genus/species or not. I think there were two big thumb claws (of two
specimens) discovered and attributed to this species (the smaller one is
exhibited in the Paris museum).
All the big thumb claws belonging to Baryonyx, Suchomimus and Cristatusaurus
are quite similar in shape and size (except the smaller Cristatusaurus
specimen - which is about 25-30% smaller). No thumb claw has been discovered
(described) that belonged to Spinosaurus, so it is still a speculative feature
on every Spinosaurus restoration/reconstruction, although, quite probable.

Sincerely,
Berislav Krzic
illustrissimus@usa.net
http://illustrissimus.virtualave.net/