From: Dinogeorge@aol.com
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: KITTYSAURUS
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 14:32:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/01 6:12:30 AM EST, darren.naish@port.ac.uk writes:

<< animal over the last few days and _The News_ (local paper for the
 Portsmouth area) even refers to it as _Kittysaurus_... arghhhh!! Leader
 line for the article states: 'His cat-like agility has earned him the
 nickname kittysaurus - but this killer was no pussycat'. >>

The question now is, should I include the name Kittysaurus in the Dinosaur
Genera List as a legitimately published nomen nudum for Eotyrannus? This is
on a par with Elvisaurus (for Cryolophosaurus) and Chihuahuasaurus (for
Sonorasaurus). This would become name #904 and would be listed like this:

Kittysaurus [Anonymous] 2001 [nomen nudum => Eotyrannus]

(I would change the [Anonymous] if the news article were bylined.)