RE: T-J Extinction event article (more media errors?)

Or maybe, they don't realize the need for a scientific proofreader.  They
did get the information from a scientist after all, and the reporter may be
unaware that (s)he had misinterpreted it.

I'm not making excuses, of course, just offering an alternative explanation
besides tight-fistedness or deliberate misinformation by the press.

Mike de Sosa

Ken wrote:
P.S.  Can't these news organizations afford to hire a real scientist to
proofread for accuracy?  I'm beginning to wonder if they are just too cheap
to hire someone to provide a little accuracy, or they just prefer it this
way so that have an excuse to publish inaccurate hype.