Re: phylocode list (Was cetartiodactyls)

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Ben Landis wrote:

>   Just curious, but what is the address to sign up for
> the phylocode list, and what's the range of topics on
> that list?  Thank you!

The PhyloCode is a proposal for a new internal code governing phylogenetic
taxonomy. It is currently in the draft stage. The PhyloCode Mailing List
was set up for people to discuss this code, primarily (I think) in the
interest of heading off any foreseeable problems. Past topics of
discussion include how to treat hybrid organisms, how to designate
species, which traditional taxa should and shouldn't be converted to
clades, etc.

The draft PhyloCode and instructions for joining the
list are at <http://www.ohiou.edu/phylocode/>. Anyone with an interest in
taxonomy should have a look.
T. MICHAEL KEESEY
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>