Re: Destroyed Fossils (was: Re: JP3 Trailer)

"T. Mike Keesey" wrote:

> I think the _Kakuru kujani_ holotype (and only specimen) was missing for a
> while, but cropped up several years ago.

Actually it was never missing. The owner knew where it was the whole time.  :)

The owner contacted me in 1997 after reading about the specimen's mysterious
"disappearance" on my web site. He had the original documents prepared by Alex
Ritchie in 1974, and a letter from Neville Pledge from the South Australian
Museum dated 1981, so its whereabouts were never a total mystery. You can see
photos of it in various states of undress (as it were) at:

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~dannj/kakuru/

GIS Archaeologist           http://dannsdinosaurs.terrashare.com