Re: T-J Extinction event article (more media errors?)

In a message dated 5/12/01 5:40:27 AM EST, david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< >      But as far as cladistically restricting Mammalia to the crown group

 I don't advocate that, for the reasons you mention. >>

It seems to me that the most reasonable clade that could be given the name
Mammalia would be the clade of all amniotes more closely related to extant
crown-group mammals than to the next closest (i.e., the other) amniote
crown-group, which would be "reptilia+aves."