Re: T-J Extinction event article (more media errors?)

In a message dated 5/12/01 2:11:11 PM EST, qilongia@yahoo.com writes:

<< This might be problematic, as it would include all non-mammalian
synapsids, including Gorgonospida, Dicynodontia, Sphenacodontidae, etc. These
are not, in any classic or modern sense I'm aware of, considered mammalian. I
think the idea of a mammalian *Dimetrodon* would be enough to turn anyone's
face red! >>

I have no problem with this; they're certainly more "mammalian" than other
amniotes, aren't they?