Re: New Feathered Theropod

In a message dated 5/10/01 3:13:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
whte_rbt_obj@yahoo.com writes:

I'm joining the conversation a bit late, but I had to
ask a quick question. Someone on the list suggested
that the feathery crest on this new dromie's snout
extended further into the slab in which it is
currently encased...

As the authors indicate, this is not a "crest" at all.  What you see here is
a cross-section of a coat of fibers that probably covered the entire upper
surface of the snout.

--Nick P.