Re: *Tyrannus tyrannus* and Re: MEGABADGERS & SLAVOIA

The sounds are IMHO too different that the Russian version could be a
simple misunderstanding (X is like German/Czech/[Gaelic]/... ch) Does anyone know
which is correct?
Neither.  The Kazakh spelling is "Qazaqstan", the q representing a uvular
stop.
Ah, they already have a Latin alphabet... Means, I'll use Qazaqstan from now and scratch my head why the Russians use 2 different letters for that q...