Re: Archaeopteryx

ELurio@aol.com wrote:

>I read somewhere that they found a couple in Romania about twenty >years ago.

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, this is a partial humerus (missing both ends) from Bihor in Romania, dated to Early Cretaceous (Cenomanian). The specimen was tenatively referred to _Archaeopteryx_. (I don't have the ref, but I think it was by Grigorescu and Kessler.) Most probably the specimen is Theropoda indet.

Tim