Re: DML T-shirts anyone?

dinoguy@sympatico.ca wrote:

At 03:32 PM 5/14/2001, you wrote:
>No, I'm not selling Dinosaur Mailing List T-shirts
>(yet)....I would still need authorization from the
>list owners and probably USC, but I would like to know

I can't speak for Mickey, but I have no objection to this.  USC wouldn't have
any say in what we do garment-wise.

>how many of you would like to own one or two (or a few
>million) if they were available. We have a lot of
>excellent paleo-artists on the DML, so maybe they
>should draw out a T-shirt design and submit them for
>approval to other HP's....It'd be nice to be
>recognized as a list member and have somethin stylish
>to wear at SVP meetings. Just testing the
>water....lemme hear from ya

As long as it's not bowling shirts at the DML Breakfast.

< If allowed, I think that this would be a wonderful idea.  We certainly have
the talent on the list to make the pictures.  The archive URL could be on
the back (side, front, what do I care) as advertisement.  I would buy a
couple.  I would be interested in several designs and choices.  Besides
paying the artists, is there anything the list might be able to use revenue
for? >
If we sold enough to pay costs, perhaps the excess could be donated to SVP on
behalf of the DML.

<  I always try to pick up t-shirts from museums I visit, so this would
be a nice bit of advertising for something I am part of.  I would like to
see this work. >
Maybe Darrell Jones and Waylon Rowley would like to be in charge of
assembling a workable plan and then reporting progress to the list?

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com