Re: The position of tyrannosaurs (was Re: Armour Symposium Recollections)

In a message dated 5/14/01 9:00:55 PM EST, tmk@dinosauricon.com writes:

<< Here's the phylogeny on Peters' site, compiled from the text and the
 diagrams, going by the text if they disagree (HP Peters, correct me if
 anything's misrepresented): >>

This differs from the diagrams in Dave's published paper (Fig 14 and 15) but
seems to be about the same as Fig 16. Inasmuch as none of these is given
preference and they are used mainly to show the phylogenetic distance between
pterosaurs and archosaurs according to three different analyses, it's best to
regard the root of Prolacertiformes as unresolved in Dave's paper. I don't
usually go by Internet publication, which can be too readily changed.