Re: The 'New' Natural History Museum

In a message dated 5/15/01 9:25:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jenny@amnh.org
writes:

<< I had missed this artcicle.  I am now on the hunt to read it in its
entirety.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.>>

      By all means read the entire article. The statements are far less
alarming when read in context. For instance, the last "self-loathing part
reads:

"At best, the outcome is humility; at worst, it is self- loathing. We have
returned, in a sense, to those old curiosity cabinets, except we are one of
the species mounted on the wall, cantankerous mites in the midst of
overwhelming diversity, objects of self-dissection and skeptical scrutiny."

      I'll buy that. DV