Re: Models

Hi, Nick.  I was making the assumption that the builder would already be into R/C stuff and would have the radios, battery packs, and probably a good bit of the materials.  The aerodynamics part would be pretty straight forward, particularly if one were willing to cheat a little and build a semi-rigid wing.  The sucker would be harder to fly than to build.  If anyone on the list is into R/C and wants to try one, give me a shout off-list.

Jim

NJPharris@aol.com wrote:

It would be fairly easy and reasonably inexpensive to scratch-build a
standoff scale pterosaur R/C slope soarer
Uh...Fairly easy for certain pterosaurian aerodynamics researchers,
perhaps... ;-)

--Nick P.