RE: Dinosaurs in space?

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Me Again
>
> Well, it's been a while...
>
> I was surfing the net looking for info on Saturn, and came across
> this article on space.com Couldn't help but let you people look
> at it for kicks...
>
> http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/asteroid_dino_ma
> rs_010514.html

Actually, although it would take a proportionately more energetic impact to
send Terran fragments into space (because of Earth's larger escape
velocity), there is a VERY VERY good chance of some bits of home are sitting
on the other terrestrial bodies.  Of course, statstically the chances are
vastly against any dinosaur-bearing rocks, but chunks of (for example)
Proterozoic or Paleozoic limestone might be pretty darn good.

Stromatolites: Earth's first astronauts!

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite