Re: DML T-shirts anyone?

TomPaleo@aol.com wrote:

< And perhaps a _secret_ ballot conducted to declare a winner.  The entries
would be "blind" (i.e. no artists name associated with the submission in
order to eliminate some inherent biases). With so many fine artists on this
list, it would be very difficult to choose just one. >

I think that would be a good idea, but we must also keep in mind that we
don't know how many people might be interested in submitting a logo design.
Our artists make their living through paintings and illustrations, so we
could not expect them to donate their work any more than we could ask a
medical doctor on the list to do a free diagnosis.  So, we would need to know
how many people might be interested in doing a design, how much it would cost
to produce a t-shirt with a logo, and then how many people would actually buy
one.

Mailing shirts to list members around the world could get very
complicated/expensive, so we might also want to think about doing a
downloadable logo which list members could take to their local print shop and
have applied to their own choice (and correct size) of t-shirts.

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com