Re: Dinosaurs in space (joke)

In a message dated 5/17/01 9:13:32 PM EST, jrccea@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Why Venus?  I haven't bothered to do the math, and don't remember required
 Earth-Venus delta V vs. earth-Mars delta V off the top of my head.  How much
is
 the delta V for each of the two? >>

I think Mars is next in line. Then I think Venus is next, followed by
Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, solar system escape, and >then<
Mercury, and then the Sun. I recall it's easier to escape the solar system
than to send an equal spacecraft to Mercury, but correct me if I'm wrong. It
has been years since I thought about this kind of stuff.