From: bert.dol@philips.com [mailto:bert.dol@philips.com]\par
Sent: vendredi 18 mai 2001 11:09\par
To: dinosaur@usc.edu\par
Subject: Re: DML T-shirts anyone?\par
\par
MKIRKALDY@aol.com@SMTP@usc.edu on 2001-05-18 05:06:08\par
Please respond to MKIRKALDY@aol.com@SMTP\par
Sent by:\tab owner-dinosaur@usc.edu\par
To:\tab dinosaur@usc.edu@SMTP\par
cc:\tab  \par
Subject:\tab Re: DML T-shirts anyone?\par
Classification:\tab \par
\par
First of all, count me in for a t-shirt. I think it is a good idea.\par
\par
Mary Kirkaldy wrote:\par
\par
>>I think that would be a good idea, but we must also keep in mind that we\par
don't know how many people might be interested in submitting a logo design.\par
Our artists make their living through paintings and illustrations, so we\par
could not expect them to donate their work any more than we could ask a\par
medical doctor on the list to do a free diagnosis.  So, we would need to know\par
how many people might be interested in doing a design, how much it would cost\par
to produce a t-shirt with a logo, and then how many people would actually buy\par
one.\par
\par
I am not a very good artist with pencil and ink, but not terribly bad. I also\par
know my way around in 3D programs. I personally would have no problem in \par
donating art. I might try to earn a living with that stuff somewhere in the \par
future. When the idea is more final and we all know what the t-shirt would have\par
to look like (logo, dino, url and other stuff) I will submit my idea/art (if I \par
get inspiration ofcourse) for free. The only thing would be my name: it would\par
be on the artwork (small size).\par
\par
>>Mailing shirts to list members around the world could get very\par
complicated/expensive, so we might also want to think about doing a\par
downloadable logo which list members could take to their local print shop and\par
have applied to their own choice (and correct size) of t-shirts.\par
\par
Sounds like a good idea to keep the budget on this project a bit within reason. \par
But personally I also have no problem with the extra costs if a shirt would be send \par
to me.\par
\par
Do we have enough people with a positive answer to give this idea green light?\par
\par
\par
\par
\par