Re: Classification of Plesiosaurs and Ichthyosaurs?

From: Dave Hardenbrook <DaveH47@mindspring.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Classification of Plesiosaurs and Ichthyosaurs?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:54:36 -0700

I use WordWeb for my primary online Thesaurus/Dictionary, but I've
discovered that it gives this definition for "Archosaur": "Extinct reptiles
including: dinosaurs; plesiosaurs; pterosaurs; ichthyosaurs; thecodonts"

Umm... plesiosaurs and ichthyosaurs?? Have I missed something?
*Are* they considered archosaurs now? Is the Euryapsida no more?
Or should I write an irate letter to WordWeb's researchers? (I plan
to write an irate letter to them anyway, to protest the exclusion of birds!)

-- Dave

And they are still using the polyphyletic *thecodonts*

_Patrick