Re: Jurassic Park 4 (yes, four)

At 06:08 PM 5/21/01 -0400, Buckaroobwana@aol.com wrote:
In the JP3 trailer, one of the characters makes a statement inplying that the
raptors lured him into a trap. It seems to me that the raptors intelligence
is being over estimated. Has there ever been a study of a velociraptor or
deinonychus braincase? I know that bigger theropods have alligator or
croc-like brains, but were the dromeosaurs brains more birdlike?

Given that the great whales' brains were about 0.003% of their body size, I've never put too much faith in brain size, and believe we'll never know what their brain power really was. Let the sci-fi writers make dinosaurs rocket scientests if they want to!

                        -- Dave