Re: DML T-shirts anyone?

It is great to see the continued interest in the DML t-shirt idea--thanks to
those who have done research and offered suggestions.

A few points of clarification from Dino List Central, however:

1) No one would "own" the DML t-shirt franchise; it would be owned by the
list.

2) This would not be a for-profit enterprise, and if for some reason there
was money left over from the sale of the shirts, those funds would be donated
to a paleontological cause on behalf of the DML.  Mickey Rowe is a scientist
so he doesn't need millions of dollars in t-shirt monies.

3) The logo should encompass the purpose and essence of the dinosaur list.
We have had several good suggestions as to this so far (thank you to Pat
Norton and Tom Lipka for their input).

4) Logo entries should contain the words "The Dinosaur Mailing List" in some
form.

5) The winning artist will receive an as-yet unspecified sum as payment for
the exclusive and perpetual use of the DML logo, along with full credit for
the design.  We obviously don't want someone to get mad and take his logo
with him.

6) We can probably create a web page for the purposes of selecting the
design, ascertaining how many people are interested in ordering, and giving
details on how to do so.  I think that a printing and fulfillment company
would be the best choice so that no one on the list has to bother with
payments and mailing.  No company has been selected for this.

7) Since this would "officially" represent the dinosaur list, Mickey Rowe and
I reserve the right to veto any aspect of the proposed enterprise.

7) (Hairy/feathery issues that I have forgotten?)

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com