Re: Yixian Fossil (was Re: Sinornithosaurus and Negative Evidence)

On Sat, 19 May 2001, David Marjanovic wrote:

> But it has some black stuff on e. g. its back. This even looks fibrous to me
> (well, the preparation is poor, and the resolution also isn't so perfect
> that I can substantiate this).

What appears to be the same black stuff is on the skull, too. In the
close-up it appears to be purely mineralogical. But, yes, the preparation
is incomplete.

It occurred to me later, and someone else pointed this out to me, that
this isn't a 2D slab like with the feathered dinos.

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
      ICQ                     <77314901>
       Yahoo! Messenger        <Mighty Odinn>