Re: DML T-shirts anyone?

In a message dated 5/17/01 11:03:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MKIRKALDY@aol.com writes:

>  I think that would be a good idea, but we must also keep in mind that we
>  don't know how many people might be interested in submitting a logo
design.

Thanks.

>  Our artists make their living through paintings and illustrations, so we
>  could not expect them to donate their work any more than we could ask a
>  medical doctor on the list to do a free diagnosis.  So, we would need to
> know
>  how many people might be interested in doing a design, how much it would
> cost
>  to produce a t-shirt with a logo, and then how many people would actually
> buy
>  one.

Point of clarification. I certainly agree with the above statement and did
not intened to imply that full artwork be produced. As has been suggested, a
good B/W drawing of the proposed logo is good enough. Furthermore, I'd like
to add one requirement to those suggested by Mary; since this is an
electronic, i.e. computer/internet mailing list and social club *(at least
during conferences)  soley dedicated to dinosaur science, I'd like to see
that fact integrated in the logo. Don't ask me how as I'm not an artist! I
just feel it would be appropos.

>  Mailing shirts to list members around the world could get very
>  complicated/expensive, so we might also want to think about doing a
>  downloadable logo which list members could take to their local print shop
> and
>  have applied to their own choice (and correct size) of t-shirts.

Excellent idea! Pins and patches sound good too!

Cheers,
Tom

Thomas R. Lipka
Paleontological/Geological Studies