Re: Sinornithosaurus and Negative Evidence

Tim Williams wrote:

> The Yixian ornithischians (_Jeholosaurus_, _Psittacosaurus_) show no such
> "halos".  Just the theropods and birds.
>
> Tim

No halos, but maybe something even more interesting (still to be determined).
That's all I can say for now.

In any case, there's tangible, hard evidence that muscular tissue doesn't
preserve the same way as feathers or protofeathers. I have seen muscular
tissue as a blackened film imprint surrounding the vertebrae of a psittacosaur
tail and outlining precisely its shape. The skin around the neck, belly  and
shoulders had small tubercles.

The skin around the feet of the new dromaeosaur is clearly scaly (as the
photographs show). So nobody has ever been able to successfully accuse the
feathers of being muscle traces (or those famous 'collagen fibers').

Luis Rey