Re: Turtles and Diverity was Re: Classification of Plesiosaurs and Ichthyosaurs?

Eric Lurio (ELurio@aol.com) wrote:

<No, that's not it. Mike was HOPING that Turtles were
archeosaurs [sic]. I haven't a clue as to why anyone would WANT
that.>

  I dunno, maybe as a reflection of evolution?

  Nobody "wants" turtles to be archosauromorphs (not
archosaurs), it just seems to turn out that way.

  I could give a damn whether oviraptorosaurs are members of
Aves, Avialae, etc. or not. Turtles are turtles, Archosauria is
a crown group for birds and crocs, and it exists no matter how
far one wants to think birds are something special compared to
turtles or crocs....

=====
Jaime A. Headden