Re: A long post about DUMB METATHERIANS vs EVIL, SMART PLACENTALS

On Mon, 21 May 2001 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
Bois said:
> << This is hardly a _pattern_.  Merely an observation.  And a scientists job
>  is to discover patterns in apparent randomness. >>
>
> Even when it's likely that no particular pattern exists? Randomness is a fact
> of life.

But there _is_ a pattern.  Just that it isn't explained by the effects of
a bolide.  No placentals extinct/most marsupials extinct.  Random would
say 50/50.  Does this mean that something about marsupials predisposed
them to the effects of the bolide?  If they were driven to extinction by
the bolide, then yes!  But no one can suggest what that thing is.  I know,
they were inferior beasts, they more easily succumbed to the bolide
than did their more hardy placental cousins.  I think not.