dromaeosaurid intelligence

To add to Tom Holtz's comments about the smarts of dromaeosaurids:

To the best of my knowledge, nobody who works on dinosaur brains or thinks
about dinosaur intelligence (whatever that may be) thinks Deinonychus et al.
would have been any smarter than present-day birds, if they were even that
clever.  I am right now writing up my experimental study of footprint formation
by emus, so I've been recalling my experiences with said beasts and other
ground birds.

Let us suppose, for the sake of argument, that dromaeosaurids were as smart as
emus.

Based on my experience with emus, this means that, to take a scene from JP1, a
person wouldn't have to worry about dromaeosaurids figuring out how to turn
door knobs to get at tasty preteens hiding in a room.  The really interesting
question would be this:  Given an open doorway with no obstruction, would a
dromaeosaurid be able to walk through without slamming into the wall on either
side of the door?

Back to number-crunching.