Re: On naming taxa

In a message dated 5/22/01 9:59:19 AM EST, rowe@psych.ucsb.edu writes:

<< Others might see that as an improvement over the ICZN's rules:

 http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1995Feb/0093.html >>

As usual, Mickey is taking great pleasure in beating a very dead horse. Even
I agree that the three genera I proposed in my 1995 tyrannosaur articles are
junior synonyms of Tyrannosaurus and Tarbosaurus. But in any case, and much
to the annoyance of dinosaur paleontologists everywhere, I'm sure, they >are<
published names available under present ICZN rules, despite their first
appearance in a popular Japanese dinosaur publication.