Re: dromaeosaurid intelligence

--- James Farlow <farlow@IPFW.EDU> wrote:
> Based on my experience with emus, this means that,
> to take a scene from JP1, a person wouldn't have to
> worry about dromaeosaurids figuring out how to turn
> door knobs to get at tasty preteens hiding in a
> room.  The really interesting question would be
> this:  Given an open doorway with no obstruction,
> would a dromaeosaurid be able to walk through
> without slamming into the wall on either side of the
> door?

Well, maybe; emus aren't much for hunters, are they?
Perhaps hunting birds make a better analogue for
speculating intelligence in carnivores than
herbivorous/insectivorous birds.

I think diet/lifestyle would probably have a great
deal of influence in determining an animal's "intelligence."

=====
.oO=-Oscar Quill is a nom de something for Scott Elyard-=Oo.
|    "The picture of a faithful alligator boundin' into    |
|      daddy's lap ain't one the public is ready for."     |
|              --Walt Kelly (Beauregard)                   |
| Comic:                http://www.archosaur.org/oscar/    |
| Life (in progress):   http://www.archosaur.org/          |