Re: A long post about DUMB METATHERIANS vs EVIL, SMART PLACENTALS

On Tue, 22 May 2001, philidor11 wrote:

> Given the number of trials -- one -- the result could be 50/50 or 100/0 in
> either direction, unfortunately.  Though over a series of trials you'd more
> closely approximate 50/50 assuming equal vulnerability to malign effects,
> flukes do happen.

I beg your patience--I was abused as a math student--but isn't it more
like each organism is a "trial"?  For argument's sake, if there were
1,000,000 each of placentals and marsupials, and I kill them or spare them
at random, isn't this just like flipping a coin for each organism?  In
other words, 1,000,000 trials.  I ought to get roughly 50/50--unless
something is biasing me--tsunami-resistant fur, for example.