Re: Condylarths (TINGAMARRA REVISITED)

Ken Kinman writes:

     Well I'll agree that Ungulata is probably polyphyletic.  But who has
put zhelestids outside of Placentalia?

This is a huge surprise to me too! David, please, what is your source?

     I am rather skeptical of this, and I don't know how you can say there
are no crown-group placentals known from the Cretaceous.  Are you also
saying that Kennalestids, Cimolestids, and Leptictids are are not
crown-group placentals??

David may mean that these familes do not belong to any extant order. This AFAIK is true.

ZH