Re: Sue mount at Field Museum

Danvarner@aol.com wrote:

>  If you don't like the
> "Field Museum Tyrannosaurus" mount, take a squint at the one at the Museum of
> the Rockies at:
>        http://museum.montana.edu/cgi-bin/GOMOR?MORnumber=555
>        I think you will find it more to your liking. It's a dandy! DV

I also invite you to check out the University of California Museum of
Paleontology in Berkeley the next time you're in town.  Their _Tyrannosaurus_
mount is also very pretty.  I think it is a cast based on a Museum of the
Rockies
specimen, possibly the "The Complete _T. rex_" specimen, profiled in the book of
the same name by Jack Horner and Don (Sorry, Brian!) Lessem.  Surf on over to
<www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/trex/specialtrex2.html>.  You can also see archived shots
of the work in progress at the UCMP web site.

The UCMP is primarily an education and research facility, but they do have a few
nice casts and fossils on display in their public halls.

-- Ralph W. Miller III   ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu

"I'm a Wankel Doodle Dandy!"